Monday, October 28, 2013

巴士佬月薪過萬?

With weather cooling down, and humidity moderating, I took a 30-minute walk to the gym to engage in a bit of self-torture.

On the way, I ran into a couple from 支那, who claimed to be tourists from 順德 looking for directions to the train station, speaking pretty good Cantonese.  Since I was in an unusually benevolent mood, I decided to help them instead of rob them....

We chatted about a number of things, like real estate prices, and workers pay.  Then they pointed to a bus and asked how much a bus driver made in HK.  I said about $15k.

即係一萬人民幣?

我話萬一二倒啦...

咦,咁同上面差唔多咗噃...

So bus drivers in 順德 make over $10k 人仔??

I think these two da lu ren are full of it....

What do you think?

12 comments:

  1. 大陸人慣性講大話,樣樣順口開河吹得就吹,信一成都死。

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If they indeed lied, I don't know why they did it to me, a total stranger.

      Maybe they have such an inferiority complex in HK that they impulsively talk up China as a defense mechanism.

      Delete
  2. They probably meant annual income, not monthly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, that's a bit low....well, maybe not.... :-)

      Delete
    2. I heard about 萬元戶 and they were referring to over 萬元 a year. No?
      Well, I guess that's quite a long time ago.

      Delete
    3. Hmmm, must've been a long time ago. 萬元 a year wasn't very much even 12 years ago. I think that's what a factory worker made in Shenzhen in those days.

      Delete
  3. Not long ago here in HK, it was reported that a chap (university graduate) gave up his high pay job in preference of the job of a bus driver. Now I understand why.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Holidays!
    Wishing you and LC the best in 2014.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi CC, we don't do "Happy Holidays" here. But we wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! ;-)

      Delete
  5. 我相信無論你話幾多錢,佢地嘅反應都會係:咦,同上面差唔多至喎!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Gorilla, long time no see.

      Yes, that possibility did enter my mind.

      Delete